Change Battery Schlage Keypad Lock – Did your Schlage Keypad lock ever refuse to work after replacing the batteries? If therefore, just keep reading, as we will clarify why this might be happening and what you can do to resolve the issue.
Improper battery installation, using the wrong batteries, or malfunctions in your lock could be the motive for your Schlage Lock isn’t work after replacing the batteries.
Change Battery Schlage Keypad Lock
If you want to know more about fixing the Schlage Lock Not Working After Battery Change then read this article carefully by reading this detailed guide on Change Battery Schlage Keypad Lock.
Steps to Troubleshoot a Change Battery Schlage Keypad Lock?
Check Whether the Batteries Are Wrongly Installed
While this might hardly be the cause, you want to confirm that the batteries in your lock are installed properly before trying other troubleshooting tips.
Your lock won’t work if the batteries are not properly installed, thus you need to check and place the batteries in the correct order.
More so, you also need the battery connector to be whole. You might have installed the batteries correctly, but the lock won’t function if the battery connector is not linked. Check and put the battery connector in place.
Similarly, you need to check that you used the correct batteries. Most Schlage keypad locks use alkaline batteries—non-rechargeable. Lithium or rechargeable batteries are not suggested.
Remove the Batteries
If the battery kind and installation check out, and your lock is still not working, try this hack:
- You simply need to disconnect and remove the batteries from the lock.
- After that, simply press and release the outside Schlage button several times and wait 30 to 60 seconds, then put the battery back on and link the battery connector cable.
Check the Battery Terminals
An alternative troubleshooting step to simply try is to check whether the battery terminals in your lock are in shape. Dead batteries might leak acid and rust the battery terminals, triggering the lock to not work even after changing the old batteries.
And this typically happens if the earlier batteries had poor seals or died and remained in the lock for some time before being replaced.
You basically need to check and fresh any acid leakage/rust on the terminals to make sure the batteries touch the terminals correctly.
You can also use vinegar or lemon juice to eliminate corrosion from the terminals. Basically, you have to dip a Q-Tip into vinegar or lemon and scrub it on the battery terminal surface mildly.
Attempt a Factory Reset
If none of the above fixes work, the following step is to troubleshoot the lock for unseen glitches. And a wild way to go about this is to make a factory reset on the lock.
- You need to remove the battery cover and disconnect the batteries and simply press and release the Schlage button.
- After that, within 10 seconds, you can simply reconnect the batteries, and press and hold the Schlage button until you see a green light and the lock beep after.
FAQs on Change Battery Schlage Keypad Lock:
Why is my Schlage lock not working?
For the maximum part, your Schlage keypad lock might stop working if the batteries are low or completely drained.
If your lock abruptly stops working, the initial thing to do is replace the batteries and then try to operate it again.
Similarly, you simply need to check if the battery connector is disconnected and get it correctly connected.
How do you reset a Schlage lock after replacing the batteries?
You need to disconnect the batteries, then you need to press and release the Schlage button.
Next, substitute the batteries and connector, now you have to long-press the outside Schlage button until the LED indicator flashes green and the lock beeps one.
Why is my Schlage Lock code not working?
If any of your Schlage Lock codes aren’t working, it could be because you’re using the wrong code or a defect in your lock programming.
If you wish to fix this, you simply have to check if the code you’re using is correct. If you’ve not altered the code before, then, just check the front of your user manual or the back of the keypad assembly to find the defaulting codes
Next, you need to try using the default code to see if it is the whole thing. If not, factory reset the lock and then simply use the default Programming Code to function it.
What can you do if the Schlage Turn Lock feature not working?
The ‘Turn Lock’ feature which is also known as Lock & Leave might not work in your Schlage lock if it doesn’t have the function. You need to memo that not all Schlage Keypad Locks come with this feature.
How to Troubleshoot the Schlage Turn Lock Not Working Issue?
- Check that Your Lock has the Function: you can simply check the user manual of your lock, or try searching the model to see if it has the Turn Lock feature. Current Schlage locks with the Turn Lock feature are Schlage BE365 and Schlage Connect.
- Enable the Turn Lock Feature: The Schlage Turn Lock feature is typically enabled by default, but you can by hand disable and enable it. If the feature isn’t at work, odds are it is not enabled yet. Possibly you disabled it in error. Enable it, and then simply try locking your deadbolt again to see if it works as usual.
How to Enable the Schlage Turn Lock Feature?
- You simply need to enter your Programming Code and just wait for the Schlage button LED indicator to illuminate orange three times, trailed by three beeps.
- After that, you need to press the Schlage button and then press key 7. If effective, the Schlage button will illuminate green and beep once.
About Schlage Lock
Schlage Lock Company is an established leader in the world of home security and door hardware, recognized for its cutting-edge technology and superior craftsmanship.
Founded in 1920 by Walter Schlage, the company has a strong commitment to quality and innovation that has withstood the test of time.
Schlage is renowned for its extensive range of residential and commercial lock products, from conventional mechanical locks and keys to modern, high-tech electronic security systems.
Their products include deadbolts, levers, knobs, electronic locks, smart locks, and a whole lot more, offering customers a wide range of choices based on their security needs and aesthetic preferences.
The company has been at the forefront of technological advancements, pushing boundaries in smart home technology with its Schlage Sense and Schlage Connect smart locks.
These products provide advanced security features such as remote access, voice control, and compatibility with various home automation systems. The aim is not only to safeguard homes and businesses but also to create a more seamless, convenient lifestyle for customers.
Despite the advent of technology, Schlage maintains its commitment to robust, durable, and reliable physical security products.
This combination of tradition and innovation positions Schlage as a leading choice for both consumers and businesses alike.
- Simplisafe Smart Lock Not Responding
- Lennox Icomfort Cannot Communicate with the Equipment
- Nest Thermostat Short Cycling AC
- Does Fire TV Stick 4k Work with Hisense Roku TV
We have shared everything about fixing the Change Battery Schlage Keypad Lock in this article if the info that we shared above helped you in any way then do share it with others.