So you just got your brand new Ooze pen, and you’re pumped to take it for a test run. You screw on a fresh cartridge, make sure the battery is fully charged, and take your first hit. But when you press the button…a green blinking light? What gives?
We feel your frustration. You were all set to have an awesome vaping session, only to be puzzled by this blinking green light suddenly coming from your pen. Not cool. But don’t worry – the good news is, this is likely an easy fix.
Blinking lights on vape pens usually signal some type of issue that just needs a bit of troubleshooting. It may be that the battery needs juicing up, the cartridge connection is loose, or there’s a clog. Annoying? Sure. Worth tossing your Ooze pen in the trash? Not.
We want you to have the best possible experience with your new vaping gadget. So let’s get to the bottom of why that light is blinking and get you back to those sweet vaping clouds again. Stick with us, and we’ll walk through some simple steps to get your Ooze pen working right.
Why Does My Ooze Pen Keep Blinking Green?
The Ooze pen is a popular vaping device loved by many for its sleek design and smooth hits. However, a common problem users face is the pen blinking green unexpectedly. This blinking light can be frustrating if you are looking forward to a vaping session.
So why does it happen, and how can you fix it? This comprehensive guide covers everything you need to know.
About Ooze Pens
Before we dive into troubleshooting, let’s first understand what Ooze pens are.
Ooze pens are slim vape pens that come with a rechargeable battery and work with screw-on cartridges. They offer variable voltage so you can customize your vaping experience.
When using an Ooze pen, the battery life indicator button glows different colors to showcase the battery level:
- Green: Fully charged
- Blue: Half charged
- Red: Needs charging
So if the pen blinks green, it likely indicates an issue with the battery or cartridge connection.
Why is My Ooze Pen Blinking Green?
There are a few possible reasons why your Ooze pen blinking green:
- Low battery charge – The battery may be running low on charge. This causes it to blink green when firing up.
- Faulty connection – A loose cartridge or glitch in the connection can lead to blinking.
- Short circuit – Damage in the battery or cartridge leads to incorrect current flow.
- Clogged cartridge – Blockages prevent liquid from wicking properly.
We’ll now explore these issues more in depth and provide troubleshooting tips.
The most common reason an Ooze pen blinks green is the low battery charge. Here’s how to check the status and charge it correctly:
How To Check If The Battery Is Running Low?
- Press the button on the pen – If it blinks green, the battery needs charging.
- Unscrew the battery and attach it to the charger – If the light stays red, it requires charging.
Charger Light Indications
Reasons Why Low Battery Could Cause A Green Blinking Light
- Failing to charge the battery fully
- Using the pen extensively without charging
- Issues with the battery’s health or age
Tips For Charging The Battery
- Charge for 2-4 hours as recommended
- Ensure a firm connection between the battery and charger
- Don’t overcharge or leave unattended
- Store battery properly when not in use
Keeping the battery topped up and in good health will prevent blinking issues.
Loose cartridge-to-battery connections also cause Ooze pens to blink green intermittently.
Checking The Connection Between The Battery And The Cartridge
Before troubleshooting further, inspect the connection points:
- Unscrew the cartridge and clean all debris from the contacts.
- Ensure the cartridge screws back tightly onto the battery.
- Test connection stability by gently rocking the cartridge.
How To Troubleshoot An Unstable Connection
- Try different cartridge and battery combinations to isolate the issue.
- Inspect cartridge coil and threading for damage.
- If the issue persists, the battery or cartridge might be defective.
How An Unstable Connection Causes Blinking Light
When the cartridge-to-battery junction has poor contact, it interrupts the current flow. This activates the blinking light indicating something is wrong.
Checking connections should be the first troubleshooting step for a blinking Ooze pen.
Cartridge issues can also manifest as a blinking green light when hitting the pen.
Check If The Cartridge Is Correctly Installed
Referring to the product manual, verify the cartridge is fully threaded and fitted. If loosely attached, tighten appropriately.
Inspect The Cartridge For Any Blockages Or Clogs
- Remove the cartridge and inspect the inner chamber.
- Use a flashlight to spot debris or buildup.
- Carefully clear any obstructions with a paperclip.
How Clogs Can Cause The Green Blinking Light
Blockages prevent smooth liquid flow to the coil. This disrupts the electrical circuit between the cartridge and the battery, causing a blinking light as an error signal.
Always keep cartridges clean and replace damaged ones right away.
An internal short circuit makes the Ooze pen blink green and poses safety risks.
What Is A Short Circuit?
A short circuit occurs when a stray current flows through an abnormal path causing excess heat buildup.
How To Identify If The Pen Has A Short Circuit?
Signs of a short circuit in your Ooze pen include:
- Blinking green light
- Faster battery drain
- Burnt taste
- No vapor production
Possible Causes Of Short Circuits
- Loose wiring or damaged insulation
- Cracks in the battery casing
- Using faulty charger
A short circuit prompts the blinking light as a warning to promptly stop using the pen. Further usage can lead to fire or explosion hazards.
Contact Ooze support for troubleshooting or replacement if you suspect a short circuit.
FAQs about Ooze Pens Blinking Green
Here are answers to some frequently asked questions about dealing with a blinking green Ooze pen:
- Q: Why is my Ooze pen blinking green but fully charged?
A: This could indicate loose cartridge connections or short circuiting. Inspect the connections and stop using the pen if issues persist.
- Q: Why is my Ooze pen blinking green 20 times?
A: Typically, blinking 20 times signifies automatic shut off due to low battery. Recharge the battery fully before further usage.
- Q: Why does my Ooze pen keep blinking green after charging?
A: Continued blinking post charging may signal a bad battery that needs replacement. Contact Ooze support regarding battery issues.
- Q: My Ooze pen blinking green 10 times – what does this mean?
A: On some older Ooze pen models, blinking 10 times indicates an issue with the tank getting sufficient liquid to the coil. Check the cartridge for clogs.
To summarize, an Ooze pen blinking green has a few possible underlying causes:
- Low battery charge
- Loose cartridge connection
- Clogged cartridge
- Short circuit
Begin troubleshooting a blinking pen by inspecting the battery charge level and the cartridge fitting. Look for debris buildup or damage too. For persistent issues, replacing defective parts may be needed.
Following reliable usage and charging practices will minimize annoying blinking incidents. But with the help of this guide, a blinking green light doesn’t have to halt your vaping experience anymore!